From: Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Encrypted Backups
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:09:21
1 Hi list!
2
3 I'm in need of a backup tool and an advice would be helpful because I
4 need some special functionality.
5
6 I want to make backups from my laptop to a cardreader (pcmcia), making
7 daily full and hourly incremental backups *if the card is plugged in*
8 (which might not be the case for as long as two days).
9
10 Additionally I need some kind of encryption. The key could reside on my
11 home partition which is encrypted itself and maybe pam-mount + luks is a
12 solution but I'd like to hear some opinions on that topic.
13
14 If no one comes up with a better solution, I think two cronjobs with
15 tar, gpg and find will do it, don't you think? The alternative would be
16 rdiff-backup with some kind of encrypted and possibly compressed file
17 system.
18
19 Thanks in advance!
20