From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Daniel D Jones <ddjones@××××××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kmail editor freezes
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 07:07:03
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 23:42 on Saturday 09 October 2010, Daniel D
2 Jones did opine thusly:
3
4 > On Saturday, October 09, 2010 14:38:16 Yohan Pereira wrote:
5 > > thats odd im typing this from kmail.
6 > >
7 > > whavt version?
8 >
9 > 1.13.5
10 >
11 > I've been using Kmail for years and I don't believe there was an upgrade
12 > just before this started happening. I suspect that it's something outside
13 > Kmail itself, some service it's trying to access, but I don't know what it
14 > would be.
15 >
16 > Another clue is that it does a very similar thing when I press the Send
17 > button. It freezes for about ten to fifteen seconds before sending.
18
19 I agree it's likely caused by some network resource, I get similar things
20 happening to me (to use imap on exchange and it's addressbook from home I have
21 to run ssh tunnels through to the exchange machines. It's *easy* to forget to
22 run the script that sets them up)
23
24 Look for things like imap stores not available and the hard one to track down
25 is accessing addressbooks using LDAP. The passwords are not stored in kwallet!
26 Check your various KResources configs and grep for likely passwords in
27 ~/.kde4/share/config
32 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com