From: Fabio Erculiani <lxnay@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Help offered - Portage tree
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:10:20
1 [02:31] <Halcy0n> lxnay: we offer all of our work that you base your
2 distribution off, and you don't contribute back at all, in any way.
3
4 ^^ This is a really stupid sentence. It seems some of you don't even
5 realize how many users we brought to Gentoo, and this is really sad.
6 You see, people like Halcy0n, agaffney, zlin keep us away from
7 interacting with you. What we do is just trying to do our best, on the
8 desktop, aggregating new technologies and bringing them to users.
9 If you want to stop bad press, you (all) should firstly become more
10 gentle with users and external contributors. I am not talking to you
11 directly Robin, but to whom are quite annoying and provocative. I know
12 that the majority of you have been always kind, but I will never hang
13 on #gentoo-dev anymore just to be played around giving me voice until
14 I annoy someone with my POV. This is not a democratic way, let's talk
15 publicly here, without hiding in a development channel, we probably
16 get more visibility, don't we?
17
18 I will review your stuff on lzo probably tomorrow, hope won't be a problem.
19