From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Good-bye
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 17:42:00
1 Dear Gentoo Devs and Users,
2
3 The time has finally come for me to resign from Gentoo. I've been
4 meaning to do it for many months now, but the logistics took a little
5 bit of time. Effective Monday, Nov. 26, I will no longer consider
6 myself an official Gentoo developer. Before then I will make commits to
7 two or so packages for which James Rowe is the official maintainer and I
8 was his proxy. Justin Bronder (jsbronder) has agreed to take over the
9 proxy maintainership for them.
10
11 I've been here a long time and I've made many many friends (and, I
12 suppose, a few enemies). For both, I'm grateful. There are too many
13 people to thank -- you all know who you are :P.
14
15 I'll be subscribed to this list for a while, and of course, I'll still
16 be on IRC in various channels. For those of you wishing to maintain
17 email contact with me, I can be reached at: seemant (at) kulleen (dot)
18 org
19
20 I hope that the fun in Gentoo will return soon. It certainly seems like
21 there's been a positive tide turning as of late, so I leave with
22 optimism.
23
24 Be well, everyone.
25