From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Default USE changes for fortran and mudflap?
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 07:44:51
1 While I'm adding USE defaults to toolchain.eclass and moving them out of the
2 profiles, I thought now would be a good time to review a couple default flag
3 settings.
4
5 mudflap:
6 This is currently enabled by default but I'd like to disable it. It controls
7 libmudflap and the -fmudflap flag. I think the only reason this flag exists is
8 so we can disable it in crossdev. It's not required by anything in the tree,
9 the code is bitrotten and has been removed for GCC 4.9. If you know how to use
10 -fmudflap, you know how to set a USE flag.
11
12 fortran:
13 Do we want to keep enabling fortran by default? The majority of users will
14 never get the urge to install a fortran package, and the fortran eclass handles
15 those that do. I think it should be treated as all the other optional
16 languages and disabled by default, but I'd like to know if there are other
17 opinions.
21 Ryan Hill psn: dirtyepic_sk
22 gcc-porting/toolchain/wxwidgets @ gentoo.org
23
24 47C3 6D62 4864 0E49 8E9E 7F92 ED38 BD49 957A 8463