From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo on Android stage3
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 15:42:31
1 On 29/10/16 16:35, Benda Xu wrote:
2 > Hey MJE,
3 >
4 > "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org> writes:
5 >
6 >> COOL ! I'll have to give this a try .. got an old(er) Samsung Galaxy
7 >> S4 Active,
8 > From our past experience[1], Samsung sometimes imposed noexec to /data by
9 > kernel hacks. It'll be interesting to find out what it looks like on
10 > the Galaxy S4.
11 >
12 >> and I'm currently using the Huawei Nexus 6P ..
13 > No SD slot on Nexus. We will stress the internal NAND flash with
14 > millions of ebuilds and rsync :)
15 >
16 > That makes me think of squashdelta sync, but probably after gaining
17 > control of linux kernels to manage the squashfs module.
18 >
19 >> Keep up the good work! :D
20 > Thanks and have fun.
21 >
22 > Benda
23 >
24 > 1. https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Android/Devices
25 Completely out of my depth here, but can you cross-compile and is there
26 some way of leveraging the USB-C connection on the Nexus 6P .. or are we
27 talking super-complex then?!
28
29 Will keep you posted about the Samsung .. will have a stab over the
30 holiday period.
31
32 Cheers,
33 Michael.