From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in dev-libs/libusbhp: ChangeLog Manifest libusbhp-1.0.2.ebuild metadata.xml
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 11:13:40
1 On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 1:16 AM, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 8:05 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 12:21 AM, Patrick Lauer (patrick)
4 >> <patrick@g.o> wrote:
5 >> > patrick 14/12/31 05:21:11
6 >> >
7 >> > Removed: ChangeLog Manifest libusbhp-1.0.2.ebuild
8 >> > metadata.xml
9 >> > Log:
10 >> > QA: Remove package with invalid copyright
11 >>
12 >> you do not go reverting code without actually talking to people. if
13 >> you feel like a revert is necessary, then file a bug. putting a "QA"
14 >> tag at the start of the commit message doesn't give you a pass.
15 >
16 > Normally I'd side with you on this...but I'm fairly sure repoman doesn't let
17 > you commit packages to the tree missing these headers. This leads me to
18 > believe you didn't use repoman, or ignored it?
19
20 feel free to grab the code i originally committed and run `repoman
21 full` yourself. no fatal errors. in fact you can see the generated
22 tags in my commit message.
23
24 even then, deleting an ebuild purely due to different copyright is
25 complete bs. anyone who understands copyright knows the situation in
26 Gentoo is completely unenforceable. we have no CLA. this was
27 patrick/QA wasting people's time to check a meaningless box.
28 -mike