From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Different build options for specific packages
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 04:19:59
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I read where someone did this but I can't find it now. I looked at the
5 > wiki and did some startpage searches, no luck. Here goes:
6 >
7 > I generally let emerge build packages in parallel. This works because a
8 > lot of packages are small and don't take long to build or much room
9 > either. However, there are a few exceptions. For me, Seamonkey,
10 > Firefox and Libreoffice cause issues. I would like those to build one
11 > at a time instead of at the same time. I've had times where all three
12 > have updates but having two of them at the same time occurs pretty
13 > regular. I thought I recalled this needing to be in package.env but my
14 > test didn't work. I put this in package.env:
15 >
16 > www-client/seamonkey MAKEOPTS="-j1"
17 > www-client/firefox MAKEOPTS="-j1"
18 >
19 > Since I'm here, you can guess that emerge didn't like that. So, either
20 > I'm putting that in the wrong place, the wrong way or something. Oh, I
21 > looked at the wiki and I didn't see things like this. I just went with
22 > what little I recalled which seems to be not correct.
23 >
24 > Can someone point me in the right direction here? Examples would be
25 > nice because I may want to disable portage on tmpfs as well, for
26 > Libreoffice at least.
27 >
28 > Thanks
29 >
30 > Dale
31 >
32 > :-) :-)
35 I found another howto. That ended with this setup:
39 root@fireball / # cat /etc/portage/package.env
40 www-client/seamonkey ../env/single.conf
41 www-client/firefox ../env/single.conf
44 root@fireball / # cat /etc/portage/env/single.conf
45 MAKEOPTS="-j1"
48 root@fireball / #
51 From my reading, I put the setting in the env directory file and the
52 package names in package.env. Thing is, it still tries to build them
53 both at the same time. Once I get these two to work, I'll add
54 libreoffice to it.
55
56 My first test gave a error message. I added the ../env/ part and it
57 doesn't give a error but it doesn't recognize it either. I'm missing
58 something. My eyes ain't real good today, allergies, so I may be not
59 seeing something right.
60
61 Dale
62