From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo still on the right path?
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:22:07
1 On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:20:36 -0500
2 Derek Tracy wrote:
3
4 > Part way through the online handbook I noticed that
5 > they standardized the Stage3 install. I figured that since the developers
6 > thought it was best to use a Stage3 install then why not give it a shot.
7
8 I read your message and was surprised at this. Last time I read the
9 handbooks the Handbook gave stage 1/2/3 options and the 2005.1 handbook
10 stuck to stage 3. (Talking x86 here, I have never done an instal on
11 other architectures).
12
13 Now, like you, I read this in the Handbook:
14
15 "Make sure you download a stage3 tarball - installations using a stage1 or stage2 tarball are not supported anymore."
16
17 WTF? When did this happen?
20 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list