From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.1...
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:57:50
1 ======= On Thursday 28 August 2008, BRM wrote: =======
2 > I have been trying to hold out for KDE 4.1 entering the main gentoo
3 > portage tree, and some kind of announcement on the list; however, I
4 > haven't seen any and it's been a while since KDE 4.1 was
5 > released...(longer I think than it took for KDE 4.0.1 to get into the
6 > main portage tree.)
7 >
8 > I am not one for wanting to try doing the overlay's yet, so I have been
9 > waiting for it to enter the main portage. I haven't even seen it in as a
10 > hard mask yet. So, I just wanted to check to see if there was any known
11 > timeline for when KDE 4.1 might enter the main portage tree, when might
12 > it go to the testing branch?
13 >
14 > I'd very much like to try it out when it gets to testing; and just wanted
15 > to get an idea of how long I might still need to wait. (As I said, I'm
16 > not quite up to using the overlay trees yet, of which I've seen a lot of
17 > activity regarding KDE 4.1 per the user's and AMD64 lists.)
18 >
19 > Any how...just curious when it will come.
20 >
21 > Thanks,
22 >
23 > Ben
24
25 Ben, sorry, my question is OT wrt your message.
26
27 Are there indeed good things (I don't mean ruches and flowers) in KDE4 to
28 worry about them at all? Reading all those KDE4 reviews I really can not
29 understand why KDE4 may be more useful for me rather KDE3.
32 Andrew