From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT:Choosing a filesystem
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 15:29:18
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 21:09:30 +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
5 >> Then: I often transer videos from my DVB-T-receiver/recorder to my
6 >> harddisk to cut out the advertising and to transcode the videos to
7 >> somethings better than "ts" (transport streams),
8 >>
9 > These tend to be bigger, often in the GB range, so I'd use a separate
10 > filesystem for them with XFS, which handles large files better in my
11 > experience.
15 He mentioned in one of the first few posts that he regularly has hard
16 shutdowns. I took that as pulling the plug. The last bit of experience
17 I had with XFS, it does not like that sort of thing to happen. Each
18 time I had a hard shutdown, I had to reinstall the OS. Has XFS changed
19 so that power loss is not s problem or should he not use this after all?
20
21 Would hate for the OP to use XFS if it has not improved in that area.
22
23 Dale
24