From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] --sync
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 19:48:00
1 I've been running gentoo for years now, and every time I go to --sync,
2 it's really a painful process.
3
4 The process can take *very* before you find out if it succeeded or not.
5
6 I try different repos.conf servers - one works for a while, then
7 doesn't, then later, the new one doesn't work anymore and the old one
8 works again.
9
10 I've asked here about it multiple times and get the answers
11
12 - "I don't have a problem"
13
14 - "just change the server"
15
16 - "keep trying"
17
18 It can take several hours before it finally works
19
20 It seems like a time-out problem.  Or maybe a memory problem ... In any
21 case, it doesn't seem like it ought to be difficult to at least know
22 what the problem is.
23
24 Or?