From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternate mta's
Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 20:17:32
1 On 2013-05-04 3:27 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 04/05/2013 18:52, Tanstaafl wrote:
3 >> Ok, I have msmpt installed and working just fine.
4 >>
5 >> Now, all of a sudden, emerge -pvuDN world wants to install mailx.
6 >>
7 >> equery depends mailx says rkhunter is pulling it in via virtual/mailx
8 >>
9 >> Why isn't this dependency satisfied by the presence of msmtp?
10 >>
11 >> And more importantly, how can I fix it without installing mailx?
12
13 > Simplest answer:
14 >
15 > It was never done because nobody did it.
16 >
17 > Whoever maintains virtual/mailx does so believing they have a decent set
18 > of implementations available for you to use. There was never any
19 > guarantee there that all possible satisfiers for virtual/mailx would be
20 > listed.
21 >
22 > File a feature request at b.g.o. if you feel msmtp satsifies virtual/mailx.
23
24 Actually, I'm not really concerned about virtual/mails...
25
26 My question is why does it want to install the full program
27 'net-mail/mailx'? That would mean I had two mta's on my system, which
28 should be a conflict, right? I know if I try to install postfix, it
29 complains about msmtp as a blocker.