From: Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bouncing Messages
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 11:04:37
1 On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 23:28:51 -0600
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >Floyd Anderson wrote:
4 >> On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 20:21:52 -0800
5 >> Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
6 >>> On 2018-03-01 18:12, Dale wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>> Here is the list of the bounced messages:
9 >>>> - 182748
10 >>>> - 182749
11 >>>> - 182751
12 >>>
13 >>> If you succeed in retrieving them, please let us know which ones they
14 >>> were, so we can guess as to the cause.
15 >>>
16 >>
17 >> Just send an empty mail to:
18 >>
19 >>    <gentoo-user+get-N@l.g.o>
20 >>
21 >> where ‘N’ is the message number, for instance:
22 >>
23 >>    <gentoo-user+get-182749@l.g.o>
24 >>
25 >> and you should receive the requested mail (182749). I got it within
26 >> one minute.
30 >Interesting.  The plot thickens.  I sent mine hours ago and got nothing
31 >yet, other than the recent replies which are in sequence so far.  This
32 >is what I sent to get them:
33 >
34 >gentoo-user+get-182748@l.g.o
35
36 that should give you [1]
37
38 >gentoo-user+get-182749@l.g.o
39
40 and also [2]
41
42 >gentoo-user+get-182751@l.g.o
43
44 and finally [3]. The sequence order shouldn’t play any role I think. A
45 year ago I got also massive bounces here (due to my mail provider) and
46 requested a bunch of (collected) list mails by a script – nearly without
47 problems (sometimes I had to do it twice for certain emails).
48
49 >Am I missing something?
50
51 I don’t think so. Did you previously receive a help message from
52 <gentoo-user+help@l.g.o>? Or just try your success with
53 <gentoo-user+get-182793@l.g.o> (my previous reply or try your
54 own [182794] email), so the Gentoo side can probably be excluded.
55
56 >I wonder if google is blocking them. I have to BCC myself to get my
57 >replies since google sends them to /dev/null otherwise. Annoying thing.
58
59 Since all three emails have the same source, I found some blacklist
60 results on [4] but I don’t know whether this is relevant, i.e. I’m
61 purely guessing here.
64 References:
65   - [1] <https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user/message/a29910d5d9a24cb23461a68302c029b1>
66   - [2] <https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user/message/e6b46a7c62da9497d8303e0b9ba255c2>