From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Google privacy changes
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 07:17:25
1 Hi list,
2
3 I ran across this news item about Google:
4
5 http://alturl.com/s7xi5
6
7 The long URL is below. I'm sort of getting to where I don't like Google
8 since they seem to be doing things that I'm just not comfy with. Next
9 they will want a camera on my rig so they can watch me surf. I found a
10 search engine that may work. It is here:
11
12 www.ixquick.com
13
14 Does anyone have a better search tool? I don't like Yahoo either. I do
15 like froogle so that would be a bonus. You know, shopping tool.
16
17 Now to my next issue. I'm thinking about switching emails too. Yea,
18 everyone on here knows my addy but I bet most can recognize my posts
19 anyway. Plus, if the init thingy goes south, well, it happens. Anyway,
20 what is a nice stable email account server that allows pop access,
21 Seamonkey as the email program, that is not tracking everything or nosey
22 as heck? Free would be nice but I would pay something inexpensive on a
23 yearly basis if it is really good. I think Yahoo has this but ain't
24 they sort of like Google already? Plus, I'm not sure how much longer
25 Yahoo is going to last or make similar changes itself. I'm sort of
26 getting tired of switching emails every time I switch ISPs or there is a
27 policy change. That is why I switched to gmail in the first place. No
28 matter what ISP I use, I can still use Gmail. Yet, here I am again.
29
30 Thoughts? Suggestions?
31
32 Dale
33
34 :-) :-)
35
36 Long URL just in case the shorty above doesn't work. It may be broken
37 tho. Copy and paste alert.
38
39 http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/google-tracks-consumers-across-products-users-cant-opt-out/2012/01/24/gIQArgJHOQ_story.html?wpisrc=al_comboNE_b
42 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
43 how you interpreted my words!
44
45 Miss the compile output? Hint:
46 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"